Why Choose Inside Electrical?
Gain A Journeyperson Status and Maximum Salary Potential
Highest Level of Training
Inside Electrical gives you the highest level of training available, making you a premier electrician in your field. You’ll earn A journeyperson status upon completion.
Maximum Salary Potential
Upon completion, apprentices can expect to earn more than $108,000* annually, plus over $41,000 in health and retirement benefits.
Large Scale On-The-Job Training
Help projects come to life by working on major construction sites.
Earn While You Learn
Like all JATC tracks, you’ll earn a rewarding wage throughout your program, which means you aren’t burdened by student loans. First-year apprentices in Inside Electrical make around $48,760 + benefits.
What to Expect
- Receive at least 800 hours of instruction and 8,000 hours of on the-job training.
- During your first four years, you’ll attend one class every other week year-round, covering topics such as Ohm’s Law, AC/DC theory, and fiber optic theory.
- The rest of the time, you’ll be on the job site, applying the skills you learned in conduit bending, branch circuit wiring, panel and switchgear installations, and fire alarm and security systems. You’ll attend two electives in your last year while continuing on-site training.
Inside Electrical equips you to work on some of the most significant projects in the country. You’ll be able to work on buildings from the ground up, from commercial developments to national landmarks.
Potential Opportunities Include:
- Project Manager
- Master Craftsperson
How to Apply
- Make a Local 26 TradeSchool user account.
- In your Local 26 TradeSchool account, click the application tab to start the process. Select the program you want to apply for.
- After you have uploaded documents to your TradeSchool application, ask your previous/current school to send a copy of your transcript to the JATC. For more details on this process, see the JATC website.