Promoting a Diverse Workforce
Energy in Motion is part of an initiative by Green Trades DC that helps DC residents build careers in sustainable energy. Our goal is to open more opportunities for you to pursue our apprenticeship training—even if time or money is a barrier.
Why Apply to Energy in Motion?
No College, No Problem
- Lucrative future: Pursue a stable career path with excellent pay and union benefits like healthcare and pension
- Make a difference: Build a rewarding, hands-on career that contributes to environmental sustainability
- Lifelong expertise: Enjoy immediate job placement and continuous support as your progress in the future
How it works
Energy in Motion consists of two core components to help you access an apprenticeship.
This one-year training program is exclusively for DC residents. It allows you to earn apprenticeship wages while taking on a smaller course load and building up your skills and knowledge. This puts you in a better position to pursue apprenticeship certification when the time’s right.
Gain access to a wide variety of social and training services so you can overcome obstacles you may be facing.
These services can include:
- Training to develop skills like interviewing or resume development
- Childcare services
- Transportation services
- Access to mental health support
- Resources for overcoming substance addiction
Who Is Energy In Motion For?
The program is for DC residents interested in a skilled trade that contributes to environmental sustainability.
We especially encourage applicants who are:
- People of color
- Student athletes