Start your path to great pay, benefits, and job security with growth potential. At the JATC, you get cutting-edge classroom education combined with paid in-the-field experience—putting you at the top of your game.
We’re Wired Differently. Are You?
Here’s why an apprenticeship with the Electrical Alliance is the smartest career move you’ll ever make.
Earn While You Learn
First-year apprentices earn up to $65,020 with benefits while learning a valuable trade. You’ll get raises in pay and benefits every six months.
No Student Loans
Since you get to earn a liveable wage while you learn, you free yourself from having to repay expensive student loans.
Engaging Way to Learn
Enjoy a fast-paced, engaging learning environment, thanks to the mix of lab-based lessons and real-world experience.
Earn up to $106,000 a year, plus $41,000 in benefits, after completing a 5-year apprenticeship.
*Based on 2,000 hours a year
Gain full health benefits after three months plus 400 hours (maintained by 135 hours/month, bank up to six months).
Claim expertise that can never be outsourced and access continuing education as a union electrician.
Hear From Our Students and Graduates
“The apprenticeship has changed my life. I was able to buy my first house at 21. I have a bright future ahead of me.”
— Kevin Pompey,
2016 JATC graduate
“Being accepted into this program has opened so many doors for me and my future … No other school or college can touch it, hands down. The instructors at the JATC are extremely unique…very hands-on …. and want you to succeed.”
— Dustin Dawson,
2018 JATC graduate, enrolled after leaving the Marine Corp
“I had a job as soon as I was out of the Marine Corp. I started out in this industry wiring receptacles and ended up being certified to install vehicle charging stations and solar power. In five years, I earned a respected trade that pays well, a good career, and a pension. It’s very rewarding.”
— Chris Eastman,
JATC graduate, enrolled after leaving the Marine Corp.
Get Charged Up
Choose Your Track
Each track offers opportunities to create a fulfilling career where you get to work with your hands. The first step is choosing which one is right for you.
Inside Electrical Track – 5 Years
Become a premier electrician in your field and earn A journeyman status immediately upon completion of this leading apprenticeship program.
- Maximum salary potential
- Requires strong math and science skills; applicants must pass a test and interview to be accepted
- Opportunities to work on some of the biggest projects in the country and see buildings come together from the ground up
- Earning upon completion: more than $108,000* annually, plus over $41,000 in health and retirement benefits.
Residential Track – 5 Years
Start working in the electrical industry right away and see if you enjoy it! Students in this track have the option to apply for the Inside Electrical apprenticeship later, using letters of recommendation they’ve received so far.
- Great way to get started while earning both hands-on and classroom experience
- No test or interview required
- Typically involves electrical work on smaller projects or in prefab shops
- Earning upon completion: over $57,580* annually, plus $24,167.40 in health and retirement benefits.
- Residential workers get an additional raise after completing their licenses (MD, VA, DC). 1 License = $69,120 | 2 License = $70,120 | 3 License = $71,120
Technology Services Track – 3 Years
Enter the fast-growing, ever-evolving field of Technology Services with this exciting apprenticeship. Certified professionals in Technology Services implement communication pathways that allow network devices to interact with each other.
- Generally involves work in less physically demanding, cleaner environments
- Fantastic opportunities for advancement
- Earn status as a Telecom Journeyman in just 3 years
- Earning upon completion: up to $62,100* annually, plus $23,963 in health and retirement benefits.
- Earn a raise to $66,080 after getting BICSI Certified