Electrical Alliance contractors have taken home 19 Washington Building Congress (WBC) Craftsmanship Awards for 2011 projects in the D.C. region.
Electrical Alliance award winners in the Lighting systems category include:
- J.E Richards for The Hamilton, Washington, D.C.
- J.E. Richards for work at United Technologies Showroom, Washington, D.C.
- J.E. Richards for Hilton McLean – Phase II Public Area’s Renovation, McLean, Va.
- Power Solutions, LLC for work at Children’s National Medical Center – CICU, Washington, D.C.
- Power Solutions, LLC for Children’s National Medical Center – OR Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Dynalectric for Hunton Williams, Washington, D.C.
Award winners in the Power Generation, Distribution and Switchgear category include:
- J.E. Richards for work at Medimmune Area 6, Gaithersburg, Md.
- Power Solutions for Children’s National Medical Center – CICU Power Generation, Washington, D.C.
- Singleton Electric for Residuals Treatment Facility, Washington, D.C.
- VarcoMac Electrical Construction Co. for work at Sprint RRDC – Electrical Power Upgrade, Reston, Va.
- Freestate Electrical Construction Company for Defense Health Headquarters, Falls Church, Va.
- Mona Electric Group for The Washington Harbour, Washington, D.C.
- Dynalectric Company for ACC-6 Phase 1 Data Center, Ashburn, Va.
- Power Solutions for Undisclosed Customer Data Center Build-Out, Sterling, Va. (1)
- Power Solutions for Undisclosed Customer Data Center Build-Out, Sterling, Va. (2)
- Power Solutions for work at Undisclosed Data Center, Manassas, Va.
- Truland for Kaiser Permanente, Gaithersburg Medical Office Building, Gaithersburg, Md.
Award winners in Special Systems category include:
- J.E. Richards for Medimmune, Gaithersburg, Md.
- Singleton Electric for Biological Sludge Thickening Facility (Blue Plains), Washington, D.C.
Additionally, J.E Richards and Power Solutions are nominated for three Star Awards. Star Awards are given to projects that demonstrate the highest level of quality, and exceeding the awards criteria to achieve a level defined as “exceptional.”
“Our contractors strive for excellence and quality in their work. I am thrilled they have been recognized and extend great pride in their accomplishments,” said Andrew Porter, executive director of the Washington, D.C. Chapter of National Electrical Contractors Association.
In 2010, Electrical Alliance contractors swept the WBC Craftsmanship Awards, winning all 23 project categories. The Craftsmanship Awards Banquet will be held at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel on Friday, March 23, 2012, where the Star Awards winners will be announced. For more information about the awards, visit www.wbcnet.org/craftshomepage.htm