The Washington Building Congress recently announced the winners of its annual Craftsmanship Awards Program and all 15 awards issued in the electrical categories were won by Electrical Alliance contractors.
Eight Electrical Alliance contractors were recognized by the Washington Building Congress’s (WBC) Craftsmanship Awards Program in the electrical category, for exceptional workmanship on 16 projects throughout the Washington, DC area.
The Craftsmanship Awards are an annual celebration of excellent work performed by local contractors who display exceptional workmanship, superior skills and individual effort in projects. The electrical category awards work in lighting, power generation distribution and switchgear, and special systems.
Following is a list of Electrical Alliance award winners and projects by category.
- J.E. Richards, Inc. for the Saint John Paul II National Shrine Exhibit Space, Washington, DC
- Dynalectric Company for a confidential client, Washington, DC
- Dynalectric Company for the Intelsat Headquarters, McLean, VA
Power Generation, Distribution and Switchgear:
- Singleton Electric Company, Inc. for the Blue Plains Main Process Train, Washington, DC
- Singleton Electric Company, Inc. for the Blue Plains Cambi, Washington, DC
- Singleton Electric Company, Inc. for the Blue Plains Combined Heat and Power, Washington, DC
- Power Solutions, LLC, for the Pods 100, 200 and Power Base Building, Ashburn, VA
- Power Solutions, LLC, for the IAD 50 Build-Out, Ashburn, VA
- Power Solutions, LLC, for the IAD 51 Data Center , Sterling, VA
- Power Solutions, LLC, for the IAD 52 – POD1 through POD8, Manassas, VA
- Power Solutions, LLC, for the IAD 56 Data Center, Sterling, VA
- Freestate Electrical Construction Company for the NIH Building 38A Switchgear Replacement, Bethesda, MD
- Rosendin Electric, Inc. for the Electrical Infrastructure Upgrade, McLean, VA
- Mona Electric Group, Inc. for the George Washington University – Science and Engineering Hall, Washington, DC
- Singleton Electric Company, Inc. for the Blue Plains ENR 2, Washington, DC
- Special Construction:
- Freestate Electrical Service Company for the Fire Alarm and Mass Notification System, Bethesda, MD
Award evaluators nominated Dynalectric Company and Power Solutions, LLC for a Star Award. A Star Award is given to projects that deserve special recognition for demonstrating the highest level of quality, and exceeding the awards criteria to achieve a level defined as “exceptional.”
All winners are honored at the Craftsmanship Awards Banquet that will be held at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel on Friday, March 20, 2015. Star Award winners will also be announced at that time. For more information about the awards, visit http://www.wbcnet.org/craftsmanship-awards/.