Washington, DC building owners who hired Electrical Alliance contractors this year can be proud of the electrical systems at their facilities. Electrical Alliance contractors won 20 of the Washington Building Congress’s annual Craftsmanship Awards out of 22 awards in the electrical category.
The Washington Building Congress represents the interests of more than 1,000 companies from all facets of the real estate, design and construction industry. Each year since 1950, it honors the superior work of craftsmen through the Craftsmanship Awards. Over 8,500 craftsmen have been recognized for their craftsmanship in over 2,500 winning projects.
The electrical category awards are based on work in power generation, distribution and switchgear installations as well as lighting, telecommunications, and fire alarm systems.
Electrical Alliance award winners in the lighting systems category include:
- Mona Electric Group for work at 51 Louisiana Avenue
- J.E. Richards for work at the W Hotel (Formerly Hotel Washington)
- Singleton Electric Company for work at DC Court of Appeals
- T.A. Beach Corp. for work at the Montgomery College Cultural Arts Center
- Power Solutions for work at Inpatient Tower Fitout
- J.E. Richards for work at the Eisenhower Theatre
- J.E. Richards for work at 1801 K Street, NW
Award winners in the Power Generation, Distribution and Switchgear category include:
- Truland Systems Corporation for work at the New Campus East – Central Utility Plant
- Dynalectric Company for work at New Campus East – Technology Center
- Young Electrical Contractors for work at POD-3 Renovation
- Truland-Walker Seal jv for work on the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Traction Power Upgrade Program
- Freestate Electrical Construction Company for work at the National Institutes of Health: CIT Building No.12 – Infrastructure Upgrade – Phase 1
- Natelco Corporation for work at Anonymous Data Center UPS Replacement
- Singleton Electric Company, Inc. for work on Arlington County Water Pollution Control Panel
- Power Solutions for work at Amazon.com IAD6 Pod7
- J.E. Richards for work at IBM-NCEP Phase 4
Award winners in Special Systems category include:
- Freestate Electrical Construction Company for work at Goodwin House Bailey’s Crossroads
- Mona Electric Group for work at Columbia Square
- Mona Electric Group for work at the Willard Intercontinental
- Dynalectric Company for work on a Recovery Project
“Our craftsmen have once again shown that intense training and adherence to quality standards results in the best work for complex projects around Maryland, DC and Virginia,” says Albert Winfield, Electrical Alliance trustee and president, Washington, DC Chapter of National Electrical Contractors Association.
For more information about the Craftsmanship Awards, visit www.wbcnet.org/craftshomepage.htm